Thursday 8 September 2011

The Journey Begins.................

Before October 2010,If you would ask me what is Android , I would have said "come again?".Then I would have tried recalling and said "Oh ya ,that OS everyone keeps talking about on the gadget shows, good interface and all." I didn't bother about it much then because it was anyway out of my reach.Paying 10k+ for a phone didn't seem possible at that time.But now I bought an android.Probably did everything that is possible from it and here I am blogging maybe bragging about it. ;) :)

I bought my first (and only) Android phone in Nov 2010.I had to convince my father to buy samsung galaxy 3 while he was going for galaxy 5 .And guess what I got it Samsung Galaxy 3.I was a proud android phone owner.I actually had to wait for an hour in the Mobile Store in Dombivli while they had to bring it from Kalyan outlet.Apparently the model was in very great demand and why not 12K for a phone with android and that too with those features,it was a bargain.There weren't much androids in India then but now you see them everywhere.

My awesome Galaxy 3
In the beginning it was just cool apps and games and all things smartphone-like.My phone was shipped with android 2.1- Eclair. It is a good version but a Froyo(Android 2.2) upgrade would have been nice.After a lot of delay and public requests(a hell lot of them) finally they launched an upgrade and guess what it was full of bugs.A Little bit of disappointment there but I continued with using it as it is till I my yearnings for the awesome Live Wallpapers and a bug-free android made my find XDA-developers. That's when i became akdroid and since then there's no looking back.
      Since then I bravely rooted my phone,enavled live wallpapers,installed a custom ROM- Indroid v4
and its updates ,overclocked it,changed kernels,got great control over the phone hardware and vast options of customizations for my Apollo.There is even a USB On The Go in the menu and with that I  could even connect a pen-drive,mouse etc to my phone :O :) :)
      My love for programming resulted in eventually trying to develop an android app and i published app on the android market having more than 1000 downloads as of now......
Here's the link:
 Vocopedia--- Vocab Builder

In the upcoming  posts,I would be posting tutorials on android app development as well as all the things happening in the ever changing world of android.....
                                         Till then Happy Droiding...... :) :) :)






1 comment:

  1. Hey akhil....yogesh here! I knew u'd got an android but dint think you'll go so damn aboard with it!! Overclockin n rootin is one heck of a bravery!! Kudos to u that u did it!!
    Now even i'm gonna root ma phone (BADA OS) n try to install android ;-)
    take care!!

    ReplyDelete